Red Wine and Beef go together oh so well. But I’m not just talking about drinking red wine while you eat your dinner. Although I do LOVE a nice glass of red wine. Nope, I am talking about cooking the beef in the red wine! And of course, drinking a nice glass of red wine while you eat this amazing dinner. AND while cooking your dinner!
Another thing I love is being able to dump everything into my crockpot and getting to work on my To Do List for the day. This recipe lets you do that! Then after smelling the delicious aroma all day, all you have to do is boil some noodles and pour yourself a glass of wine.
1 1/2 pounds Beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 Medium Onions, cut up
10 oz Shredded Carrots
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
3 Tbls Cornstarch
Salt & Pepper
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
1. Throw the beef stew meat into the Crockpot.
2. Add the shredded carrots and onions.
3. Next sprinkle the Dry Onion Soup Mix over the beef, carrots and onions.
4. Then the cornstarch, salt and pepper.
5. Finally pour over beef mixture the Beef Broth and Red Wine.
6. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
Now get to working on your To Do List for the day while it cooks away!
Doesn’t that look amazing?! I wish you could smell it right now!
7. Serve over egg noodles (or whatever noodles you have in your kitchen)
Don’t forget the glass of wine to accompany it! My glass is not in this picture, but it is there and it tasted amazing with Red Wine Beef!
I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband and I enjoyed it!