Ah, Chicken Artichoke Pasta! I think this is the first meal that my husband cooked for me when we were dating. Now I had never had an artichoke in my life, so I was a little unsure of what to expect. But this is where my love affair started with artichokes (and my husband, lol). Now I add artichokes to so many things – pizza, soup, Panini’s, salads, pasta to name a few.
Chicken and artichokes are the stars of this dinner, they are great partners. But you can substitute different vegetables if you prefer. You could even substitute shrimp for the chicken, that is amazing as well. This is one of my husband’s signature dishes, and I ask him to make it a lot!
4 Chicken Breasts
Marinade: 1 jar Artichoke Marinade (just the marinade, save artichokes for later), 1 C White wine, 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 Large Onion
2 Jars of Marinated Artichoke (6.5oz)
1 Red Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
8oz Pasta of your choice
1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
1. Mix together: marinade from 1 jar of marinated artichokes, white wine and garlic salt. Add chicken breasts. Be sure the chicken is mostly covered. Marinade over night.
2. Sauté chicken breasts in olive oil. (Add some of the marinade if you wish, my husband certainly does!)
3. After chicken is cooked through, cut into cubes. Set aside.
4. Chop onions, artichoke, peppers and mushrooms. You can make them as small or large as you want. I prefer them small, so I can get a little of everything in every bite.
5. Sauté over medium heat with the marinade from 1 jar of artichoke and 1/4 C white wine. Add 1 tsp. Garlic Salt and 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning. (Add olive oil if needed) Cook with cover on to retain moisture. After vegies are tender, add parmesan cheese.
7. Drain and place in oven safe dish. Drizzle 1-2 Tbls olive oil (garlic flavored olive oil if you have some on hand)
8.. Layer pasta, then vegies.
9. Then add the chicken.
10. Top off with shredded mozzarella cheese.
11. Melt under broiler.
12. Serve and enjoy! I highly recommend a glass of wine to accompany this delicious dinner.
Doesn’t look delicious?! Now you can see why I fell in love with my husband! And why I ask him to make it (or some variation) for Valentines Day, Mother’s Day, and our Anniversary. It is what I am enjoying for my Mother’s Day dinner!
Click on the recipe card for a printable recipe!