Taco Stuffed Shells have quickly become a family favorite. It was born last year during one of my freezer cooking days. I was making Stuffed Shells and Taco Meat, among a million other things. I had extra jumbo shells left over from my Stuffed Shells and thought why not put the taco meat into the shells?! AMAZING!!! My family loves them, even my 3 year old picky eater.
It also freezes wonderfully! I always make 2 pans and stick one in the freezer for a busy day. You can even take it directly from the freezer to the oven, just add an extra 15 minutes onto the baking time.
1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
1 can diced Tomatoes
1 envelope Taco Seasoning OR 2 Tbls Homemade Taco Seasoning
1/2 block of Cream cheese
Jar of Salsa 16oz
1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Jumbo Shells (8oz dry)
1. Boil your jumbo shell noodles until they are still a little hard. Drain and rinse with cold water so they are easier to handle. They will finish cooking in the oven.
2. Brown Ground Beef. Drain excess grease.
3. Add 1 can of diced tomatoes (also add the juice!) and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, stir occasionally until the excess liquid is gone. Add 1/2 block of cream cheese, stirring until it is well incorporated.
4. Layer the bottom of your 9×13 pan with salsa. You can choose how mild or spicy you want it, I prefer mild for me and the kids.
5. Start spooning the beef mixture into the shells. Stuff them good!
6. Line all the shells in your pan over the salsa. Then once you have your pan stuffed pull of shells, add more salsa on top. Then top it all off with the shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until warm throughout.