I have been eating Carmel Pecan Bars for as long as I can remember. My mom made these bars for every holiday, party and picnic that we went to and hosted. She still gets requested to bring them to every party! And now my sister and I get requested to bring them to parties we go to. And we don’t mind at all. Why? Because they are amazingly delicious, and also so easy!
Are you going to a Memorial Day Picnic this weekend? These bars would be perfect to bring!
2 C Flour
1 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Butter
2/3 C Butter
2/3 C Brown Sugar
1 C chopped Pecans
1 C Chocolate Chips
1. Combine Flour, Brown Sugar and Butter in a 9×13 pan.
2. Cut the cold butter into the flour and brown sugar. Pat it down flat. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes (or until slightly brown).
3. While the crust in baking, bringl the butter and brown sugar to a boil, continue to boil for about 2 minutes.
4. Take the crust out of the oven once it is slightly brown. Sprinkle the pecans over the crust. Now pour that yummy butter/brown sugar mixture over the pecans.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes. (or until it is bubbling throughout and you just cant wait any longer!)
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips.
7. Smooth the chocolate out with a knife.
8. Let in cool before you cut it. By this point you are probably drooling. So recommend putting it in the refrigerator to hasten the cooling process. Once it is cooled (or still slightly warm), cut yourself a piece, grab a glass of milk, and enjoy a little slice of heaven.
I must warn you: If you make this for a picnic this weekend, you will get asked to make it every year! But hey, it’s an easy recipe, so get your baking on. Your taste buds and friends will thank you.
Click on the recipe card below to print a recipe card. (Print in landscape)