Stuffin’ muffins, it probably sounds like a funny name to you. Most people laugh when I first tell them about Stuffin’ Muffins. But after I tell them what is in them, they always want the recipe. These are simple and so delicious! You can use a box of stuffing, make your own or use left overs from your turkey dinner. But these are not just for Thanksgiving time, nope, I make these whenever I am craving STUFFING! Which is my favorite part of a turkey dinner.
But they are not just for breakfast, we have them for dinner a lot too. I hope you enjoy them as much as family and I do.
1 Box of Stove Top Stuffing
9 large Eggs
1/3 C Shredded Cheese (cheddar, or your choice)
Cooked Bacon (5 links crumbled) or Breakfast Sausage (5 links cut up)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl mix stuffing and water. Start with about a 1/4 C water, mix and add more water until the stuffing is moistened. Let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide stuffing among each muffin cup. Press stuffing to the bottom and sides of each cup forming a bowl of stuffing.
5. Pour eggs into each stuffin cup. Add bacon or sausage into the egg mixture if you wish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. They smell amazing while baking, you will think it is Thanksgiving in your house!
6. Add cheese to the top of each Stuffin’ Muffin. (For these Stuffin Muffins I used Gruyere Cheese. We found a great Artisanal Cheese Shop while on vacation, but normally I use cheddar cheese) You can also add the bacon or sausage at the point. Put back into the oven for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 12 Stuffin’ Muffins.
Click on the recipe card below to a printable view!