It is more than half way through 2013 already!!! I can’t believe how fast this year has been going. Life definitely speeds up as you get older. Some days though, I wish it would just slow down! But for now, I am just trying to make the most of every day.
Here is an update on how I am doing on my yearly goals:
- Lose 10% body weight (not going very well, I need encouragement from everyone!)
- read at least 1 book a month – read 2 books so far
- read a nonfiction book – it is next in the pile of books
- scrap book day quarterly – office is ready to go, now just need time to scrapbook
- follow weight watchers – some days are good, some not so good, must strive to get better at this
- stop drinking soda – I am doing good at this, I pretty much just drinking 1-2 a week
drink at least 40oz water a day– I am doing great at this!
- elliptical 2x week
Continue no credit card debt, no medical debt
- increase my 401k 2%
increase hubby 401k 2%
- fully fund Disney fund – half way there
- fully fund Christmas fund – half way there
fully fund kids college funds
- build savings to 6 month emergency fund – not doing great on this, have had a lot of things come up that has up dipping into it instead of building it up….but so glad that we have it to dip into!
- monthly date night with hubby – Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June
- girls day/night bimonthly – Feb, April, May, June, July, Aug
- monthly family day – Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July, Aug
potty train j
- swim lessons for both kids – hope to start in Sept
gymnastic lessons for kShe loves it! Signed her up rest of the year!
- outings with kids separately bimonthly – I haven’t tracked this, but I think we have done good at this, I’ll have to look back at what we did.
finish decorating playroom– love the painted alphabet new bedroom furniture– Got a great deal on furniture from a friend that moved into a condo, and it could no longer fit in their room decorate my office– Done! And it looks pretty good I think…I used leftover paint from my kids rooms, used a sheet as a room divider, and pictures that we didn’t have space to hang in the rest of the house.
- make outdoor furniture – my hubby made this awesome table, but wine barrel chairs might have to wait until time in the fall to make them
Ok, I still have some work to do, but there are 5 months left to work on my goals. I know I can accomplish quite a few of them.
What about you, do you have goals set for 2013? Are you on track for accomplishing your goals?